Thursday, August 29, 2013

Week 38: aren't you done yet?



This week Marco and I finished our 4 week preparation classes, had a doctor's appointment and I attended the Grandparent's class with my mom. Our 39 week appointment is on Wednesday - we're praying for progress progress progress!!!
Week 8 vs. Week 38! Time to make your grand entrance Zoe! :)


How far along: 38 weeks 5 days (Watermelon: 19-22in, 7lbs) Considered "full term" but still have about 1 week until my due date.

Symptoms: restless sleep every night, exhausted in the morning but I've found that going to bed a little later allows me to sleep until my alarm goes off without tossing and turning for hours. Bottom of feet hurt like I've been on them all day. Ligament pains when I roll or turn weird. Bleeding/swollen gums, very itchy, swollen feet and having to urinate every 15-20 minutes. Very uncomfortable!!!

Aversions: none

Cravings: still milk!!!
 
Wedding Rings: off
 
Belly button: out
 
Stretch marks: some on lower belly under belly button

Excited for: going into labor and holding Zoe.
 
Fears: that I won't know when it's time to go to the hospital vs. just random contractions/false labor. And still delivery and recovery.
 
Mood: Calm but uncomfortable. Just want to sleep all the time.
 
Missing: being pain free.
 
Movement: Movement is less obvious but still consistent. She doesn't have much room now so it's not so much jabs and kicks as just small movements, feet repositioning etc. She's probably just as done as I am.
 
Exercise: none. Starting Sept 1!
 
What the Dr says: Blood pressure is still good. Zoe's heart beat is nice and strong. 60% effaced, between 1 & 2cm dilated, station -1. She's staying head down.
 
Pre-labor signs: Braxton Hicks or false labor contractions consistently yesterday. Not painful at all and with no pattern but just a tightening of the uterus. Mucus plug is out. Increase in hormones and Zoe is obviously lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment