I had my breastfeeding class on Saturday. I learned a lot and am feeling more confident about the process. Doctor's appointments are now once a week until labor. On Monday I went in and all is well. I actually have some pre-labor progress (see "what the Dr. said" section).
Tuesday Marco and I had our second of four preparation classes. Lots of useful information here as well and we so appreciate how much they push for the husband to be a supportive coach and an active participant. Plus the instructor makes us laugh :)
~ *** ~
How far along: 36 weeks 5 days (Watermelon: 19-22in, 6.5 lbs) 2 days away from being considered full term. I can now safely deliver the baby at any time!
Symptoms: restless sleep every night, exhausted in the morning (last night I woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep until 6am. Then up at 8:30am.) Bottom of feet hurt like I've been on them all day. Ligament pains when I roll or turn weird. Bleeding/swollen gums, colastrum leaking daily, swollen feet and having to urinate every 15-20 minutes.
Aversions: none
Cravings: caffeine (soda, coffee or chocolate) and sugar!!
Wedding Rings: off
Belly button: out
Stretch marks: some yes. They appear to be under the skin as they are not indented/I can't feel them when I run my fingers across my belly.
Excited for: Maternity leave and holding Zoe for the first time!
Fears: delivery and recovery
Mood: anxious but calm. Being tired makes me not want to think, talk or do anything that elevates my heart rate haha
Missing: feeling comfortable and being able to sit however I want.
Movement: still constant. Last night she was hiccuping for a good 15-20 minutes. She pushes against the wall of my uterus in such a way that it makes the top of my belly look flat like I table. Pretty funny.
Exercise: sadly none this week.
What the Dr says: Blood pressure is still good. Zoe's heart beat is nice and strong. I gained 1 pound in 2 weeks. 50% effaced, 1cm dilated, station -1. She's head down as well. Dr would be surprised if I went into labor after the due date. We went over the birth plan and she suggested I no longer commute to work as it's 2 hours away from the hospital. She gave me a note to give to my boss.
Pre-labor signs: Experience light contractions from time to time, she's dropped into place so I'm able to breath better but she's now pushing constantly on my bladder.
No comments:
Post a Comment