Monday, August 5, 2013

Week 34: back in the swing of things

I've been slacking on posts but part of it is because there's not really anything new to report. Marco and I have settled back into Colorado life and are putting the final touches on the nursery. We unpacked the car-full of goodies we took home from Cali and have been overwhelmed but appreciative of all the loot we were so blessed with. With the gift cards we were able to get a monitor, a mobile gym, a bouncer and a cloth diaper. :)
 
We had our baby safe class and learned a ton about infant CPR, installing the car seat (which we've already done) and things to be alert to. It was very informative and we're so glad we took it. Marco has his Daddy Boot Camp class next week and we begin our 4-week preparation (lamaze) classes as well.
 
How far along: 34 weeks 6 day (Honeydew melon 19-22 inches, 5.5lbs)

Symptoms: The Edema has somewhat subsided. I can still feel a little bit of swelling but nothing to write home about. The bottoms of my feet are always sore in the mornings. Waking up throughout the night whether it's just to adjust or go to the bathroom. Either way I'm uncomfortable and feeling the ligament pains often (it's normal - just your uterus expanding).

Dr says: 34 week appointment went well. heartbeat is between 130-150 depending on what she's doing. Dr says this is a great sign that the brain is developing properly. Keep an eye on the edema but other than that all is well. We didn't have time to go through the birth plan as Dr had to go delivery a baby but we will discuss at 36 weeks.

Aversions: none

Cravings: none really. Still enjoy Milk and anything with sugar!

Wedding Rings: off

Belly button: out

Stretch marks: none
 
Sleep: Still not sleeping through the night. This will continue until labor no doubt (and once baby arrives). I try to sneak in naps throughout the day when needed.
 
Excited for: maternity leave and finally getting to hold our little Zoe.

Fears: still the labor and delivery scares me as well as the recovery process. Praying that everything goes naturally and smoothly.
Mood: relaxed and calm. Enjoying these last few weeks.
Missing: my shoe collection. I really hope I'm able to fit back into them after pregnancy.

Movement: all the time. some big and some small movements all throughout the day until about 11pm.

Exercise: none this week. Been resting my feet. Hopefully next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment