Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Week 33: baby shower and cali trip

A little delayed on posting. Marco and I left Thursday night for California and have been go go go since then. We're having such a great time seeing everyone and catching up. We wish we had more time.

Since Thursday my feet and ankles have been swollen, like the Pillsberry Dough Boy. haha Marco has been so great icing them at nice, rubbing lotion on and massaging them. In the mornings they are definitely better but throughout the day they swell again. Besides that I've been getting more and more uncomfortable. The baby's growth spurt is obvious throughout the last several days and there's been a lot of discomfort, achyness and soreness. She's still moving around a ton, some more painful than others but I'm still so grateful for the experience and trying to make the best of it. With only 6-7 more weeks left time is flying by and we're getting more and more excited to finally meet her and hold her in our arms. :)

The baby shower was so great. We feel so blessed to have so  much love and support in our lives and it's aparant that everyone is just as excited for us and can't wait to meet her too. Below are some pics of the day. We have plenty more coming from professional cameras (hopefully I can put those up next week).

"Up!" Theme

Broncos jersey for Zoe (courtesy of her Mamma) and my Grandma in the back. She's so adorable.

My "Up!" diaper cake which I LOVED (courtesy of one of the hostesses and best friend Tara). Thanks Hunter for the photo bomb. haha

My aunt Ginger, the bump and I. She did all the appetizers for the shower. Thank you so much! They were delicious!

Tara (aka Tay Tay), the bump and I. She did a lot of the organizing and announcing. I appreciate everything you did Tay! :)

My with Tara and Ginger. <3


Today we look forward to our Maternity Photo Shoot with Kelsey Steindler Photography (check her out she's awesome!), tomorrow is dinner with Matt, Megan and Tricia and Friday we'll be at the OC Fair!! :)

How far along: 33 weeks 4 day (Pineapple 19-22 inches, 4.9lbs)

Symptoms: Edema (swelling of feet and ankles). As long as the swelling is even and not in my face then I'm okay. I'm just trying to keep my feet elevated and not on them too much/off them too much. Getting back to being overly tired again. Not sleeping through the night anymore.

Dr says: At 32 week appointment everything was on track and looking good/healthy. Heart beat is 140-150's, nice and strong. Next appointment is at 34 weeks where we discuss our birth plans :)

Aversions: none

Cravings: none really. Still enjoy Milk! 

Wedding Rings: off


Belly button: I think it's as "out" as it's going to get. It's more flush with my stomach than anything but still no longer an inny.

Stretch marks: none

Sleep: Not sleeping well anymore. I wake up throughout the night to readjust or go to the restroom. My aunt Jen did just give me her body pillow which helps with comfort tremendously. I'm very grateful for that!


Excited for: Our baby classes coming up, setting up the nursery with all the amazing gifts we received. And of course, meeting the little one :)

Fears: still the labor and delivery scares me as well as the recovery process. Praying that everything goes naturally and smoothly.
 
Mood: anxious. Being tired makes me a little cranky or short but still feeling happy.
 
Missing: my pre pregger feet, ankles and legs. This swelling is out of control. haha

Movement: constant still. They are becoming more obvious from the outside. Marco will notice movement from the corner of his eye, not even trying to look at my stomach. She is very active all day. I hope she's getting enough sleep haha

Exercise: Walking a lot. I'm hoping I can get down to the pool one of these nights after work for some laps.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely shower; I'm sorry that I wasn't able to attend. I'm so glad that I got to see you when you were in the OC in June, though.

    Can't wait for your next update:-) It's crazy to think that NEXT MONTH you'll be having your baby and you'll be a mom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could have been there too! Thank you, though, for your gifts. We were very appreciative :) yes I'm glad I got to see you in June - we will be back out in November with Zoe so we will definitely have to get together. I know I can't believe how quick it's coming up. Exciting and a little overwhelming haha.

      Delete