Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week 30: Zoe was very excited for our visitor!

What a great week it has been! A short work week, dr. appointment, 4th of July and Tricia Mae came into town! Some restructuring at work is going on but my boss has assured me he is doing everything he can to keep me on perminently. He hopes to have something concrete for me in the next week or two.

The 30 week check up went well. My glucose level is very low so I'm not at risk for Gestational Diabetes and my anemia levels were on the low side of normal. Dr recommended I begin eating more protein or add an iron supplement to my diet. Either way she isn't too concerned since it's still in the normal range but want to do what we can to keep energy levels up during and after pregnancy. I've gained 11lbs in the last 12 weeks which is right on schedule and Dr is happy with that, everything is measuring on track including the baby's heart beat (140's to 150's), nice and strong. I have 3 more appointments every 2 weeks (32wk, 34wk, 36wk) until it switched to 1 per week and they begin measuring me for dilation and effacement. :)

Tricia Mae arrived on Thursday the 4th. Most fireworks were cancelled/banned due to fires, dry weather and water shortage so we found an easy trail in Boulder and walked with the dogs about 1.4 miles each way. Once we got home Marco made us a Costa Rican dish called Gallo Pinto and we watched fireworks on TV. The rest of our holiday weekend included sightseeing in Downtown Boulder, breakfast in Greenwood Village, seeing Despicable 2, taking the light rail to the Denver Zoo and more sightseeing in Downtown Denver. We had a blast exploring with Tricia Mae and showing her around our new home. Zoe was moving a ton and making her presence known throughout the weekend, at least to me. Anyone who stared at my stomach long enough would see her rolling and moving.
Hiking in Boulder on 4th of July

Taking the light rail to the Denver Zoo/Downtown Denver

So excited over this bearded monkey who obviously knowns how to rock the mustache

A baby (sort of) elephant that was just recently made apart of the zoo. Elephants are my favorite!!

Our group selfie at Downtown Denver. I loved the lights and flags - so patriotic :)


How far along: 31 weeks 1 day (Head of Lettuce 19in 3.9lbs)

Symptoms: Besides the normal I've been getting up regularly in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, my feet and hands have been swollen due to all the walking and hot weather, there has been pain in my upper left thigh area due to the added blood flow and pressure (feels like I pulled a muscle). Dr said this is normal and will go away after birth, no problems caused to baby or pregnancy but unfortunately it's just annoying and painful.

Aversions: none

Cravings: milk and ice cream still

Wedding Rings: off

Belly button: half way out. If wearing a tighter shirt you can see it poking out.

Stretch marks: none

Sleep: Still on my right side. Zoe has been moving whenever I get up to use the bathroom so it's harder to fall back asleep for about 20 minutes.

Excited for: Our road trip to Cali in 2 weeks and our baby shower! I can't wait to see everyone.

Fears: Giving birth too early, labor and recovery. The unplanned and/or unknown is always scary for me. I like to be in control and prepared so giving up all that is very difficult for me.

Mood: happy but tired

Missing: getting dressed without it being painful or me getting out of breath, wearing any shoes I want, laying any position I want to, wearing whatever outfit I want (even my pregnancy tops aren't fitting now).

Movement: a ton. I read that her movements would become less and less because she's cramped for space now but that has not been the case yet. I feel her on both sides of my stomach poking, jabbing, rolling, flipping, kicking etc. I love it and will miss it when she's no longer inside.
 
Exercise: We did a TON of walking this weekend; my legs are definitely sore. 


View from the guest bedroom! We love the clouds here :)

We redid the guest room to look/feel more like a beachy/sea side feel. We used pallets to make a day bed type frame and repainted the room from a green to this light brown color.

No comments:

Post a Comment