This week has been pretty uneventful with the exception of my company officially transitioning over to SanDisk yesterday. I had to drive over 2 hours in traffic to the Longmont office for all day meetings and paperwork. It wasn't as bad as it sounds though with a catered breakfast and lunch and the team seems really nice and welcoming. They gave us Swiss Army laptop bags, coffee mug and spiral bound notebook as well - the swag was appreciated!
I also received my free breastpump thanks to Obamacare as well as an "Itzbeen" timer/alarm. I need to clean the parts and read the instruction manual for the breastpump but it seems fairly easy/idiot proof (especially for those 3am feedings).
(clockwise from top left: changing station in our bedroom, sitting area in our bedroom with vintage cradle, recliner chair and elephant pattern boppy, my new Medela duel electric breastpump, a bouncer and gym for Zoe in our living room)
Finally we have finished packing our hospital bags for Marco, Zoe and myself. We also had Babies R Us inspect our car seat for proper installation. Interestingly only about 10% of car seats are installed properly and we were proud to be within that percentage.
We are also pretty much done with the nursery. We are still looking for a glider nursing chair to complete the room but it's not an urgent need at this time. I also took this week to wash a lot of her clothes. Since we don't know her size I decided not to wash and take the tags off everything until after she arrives. Here are some photos of the finished product:
Don't worry! The stuffed animals and blanket will be removed while Zoe is in the crib for safety reasons.
I need to put the wallpaper on the back of the changing table but it's pretty much done!
So thankful for all the things we received at our shower. That dresser is completely full of clothes thanks to everyone who attended. :)
How far along: 37 weeks 6 days (Watermelon:
19-22in, 6.5 lbs) Considered "full term" but still have about 2 weeks until my due date.
Symptoms: restless sleep every night, exhausted in the
morning (last night I woke up around 2am and couldn't go back to sleep until 5:30am.
Then up at 8:30am.) Bottom of feet hurt like I've been on them all day. Ligament
pains when I roll or turn weird. Bleeding/swollen gums, swollen feet and having to urinate every 15-20 minutes. Very uncomfortable!!!
Aversions: none
Cravings: still milk
Wedding Rings: off
Belly button: out
Stretch marks: sadly yes. So much for it being hereditary. LIES!! They are very itchy lately too. I just keep putting lotion on them and hoping they fade after Zoe is here. Trying not to let it bother me too much.
Excited for: Maternity leave and holding Zoe for the
first time! Also seeing how the dogs react to her :)
Fears: that I won't know when it's time to go to the hospital vs. just random contractions/false labor. And still delivery and recovery.
Mood: Annoyed at everything and everyone. haha
Missing: not being pregnant. It's pretty normal to feel this way at this stage but including the miscarriage I've been pregnant going on a year now. I'm just tired and feeling fat (along with all the side affects of carrying around the extra weight for a 5'2" frame). haha
Movement: She moves consistently still but less than previous weeks since she doesn't have too much room left. I can definitely tell she's lower because her feet typically don't kick my ribs anymore.
Exercise: sadly none this week. Once September 1st hits we will be walking daily since we want a September baby haha!
What the Dr says: Blood pressure is still good. Zoe's
heart beat is nice and strong. 60% effaced, 1cm
dilated, station -1. She's staying head down.
Pre-labor signs: Braxton Hicks or false labor contractions consistently yesterday. Not painful at all and with no pattern but just a tightening of the uterus. Once I got home and drank water and milk they eased up.
Our bassinet (thanks to Jen and Rich) and hand-crocheted chevron patterened blanket (thanks to John's mom) for Zoe next to our bed. This is where she will sleep until she's sleeping through the night.
Her bath set up. Thankfully our bathtub is large enough for Marco and I to both sit in there with her. Our sinks are a little too small for this baby bath.
Looks and sounds like you are READY! If that Itzbeen timer doesn't work out well for you (some of my friends didn't like it much), you might want to just download an app on your phone. One of my friends swears by the Baby Geek app, which is only $0.99.
ReplyDeleteJust a few more weeks and you'll be posting pics of Zoe on here!