MARCO FELT ZOE MOVE!!!!!
We were just sitting on the couch when I felt her moving. I placed my hands on my stomach to see if I could feel her externally yet and sure enough I felt the little kick or jab. I told Marco and he immediately put his hand right where mine was. We sat for a few seconds in silence and all of a sudden I felt it and looked up at Marco. His face lit up and he gasped, "I felt her! Oh my God!" He was so happy and just thought it was the craziest thing he'd ever been apart of. It was a really amazing moment and I'll never forget it!
Second...On Wednesday we went to our 20 week doctor's appointment. We did the ultrasound which is more detailed than the past ones. They go through all limbs, organs and facial features to make sure everything is developing as it should. Zoe is measuring 20 weeks 6 days (14oz) but I'm still on track for the same delivery date (still 20 weeks 4 days). HALF WAY THERE! All heart chambers and arteries are functioning and placed properly, the kidneys were at their proper size and placement, the tech got a great shot of her brain which has the proper amount of fluid and mass, her spine was forming properly as well as the skin folds over the vertibrae, we saw all hands, arms, legs and feet, no cleft lip, her bladder was full and the skeletal struncture of her head and face all looked perfect! The Doctor went over the results with us, we heard the heart beat (160bpm - nice and strong) and my vitals were all in the normal range. So far my weight is on track (gained a total of 7lbs so far) and we meet again in four weeks! We left the office happy parents-to-be with a strawberry bite size laffy taffy in hand! :)
Week 20 Day 4 - her hand is over her eyes. Drama queen in the making!
My Zoe necklace from Origami Owl. Marco and I hand picked the charms together. I will wear the necklace and give to Zoe when she's older.
How far along: 20 weeks 6 days (size of a Banana: 7 in, 13oz)
Symptoms: Itchy belly, feet hurt sooner than normal, going to the bathroom often again.
Aversions: mushrooms
Cravings: milk, cupcakes, cereal, cupcakes, salads with ranch dressing & cupcakes.
Wedding Rings: on
Belly button: In
Sleep: On my side but becoming more uncomfortable. Wake up in the middle of the night and not sleeping as soundly. Poked Marco in the eye once this week. Oops haha. Can't wait to get our king sized bed back!
Excited for: getting the keys to our new house next week and feeling her kick more.
Missing: French berry lemonade with sparkling wine. Marco used to make these for me every so often and for some reason this week I was reminded of them and wish I could have one.
Movement: Daily. The placenta is on the front wall so that pads the movements often. I still feel her on the sides and lower stomach though.
Exercise: walking the dogs, taking the stairs where ever we go. The weather is getting nicer (supposed to be in the high 70s this weekend) so we will be exercising more.

No comments:
Post a Comment