The big thing this week has been getting the keys to our new place and finally moving in! OMG have I been sore but I paced myself and rested when I needed. Still my muscles ache and my feet have swollen up a few times. Time to take advantage of our big tub! Pictures of the tub and more to come.
View from the dining room. Our beautiful model Marco is laying in the family room. Off in the far left is the living room and to the right where the white door is you'll find a half bath and office. Upstairs you can see the guest room entry and full bathroom. To the left of the guest room is our master suite (not pictured) and to the right of the bathroom at the end of the hall will be Zoe's room!
Here is a picture of the family room with fire place and built in storage as well as the dining room. We are in love with the vaulted ceilings and open windows.
We met a few of our neighbors and they seem so nice and fun. The ones to our right are huge USC fans so we have already bonded and are making plans for this upcoming football season. The ones across the way from us are from Miami (where Marco's Dad lives) and the husband is Nicaraguan so Marco and him have already bonded over their culture. We also have FBI, a cop and a music teacher on our block. Lots of diversity and protection! :) We're feeling very blessed by this move and so thankful for God's plans for us.
Last Sunday Marco, my mom and I took a tour of Sky Ridge Medical Center, where I will be giving birth. I feel so much more at ease about the process after hearing all the amenities and technology they have to offer myself, the baby and visitors. Although, the experience became more real for me as we stood in the labor and delivery room talking about the different options and possibilities for birth. haha. While Marco and I will be the only ones in the labor and delivery room we welcome any family and friends to be there after Zoe is born in the post-pardum room. They have great accommodations for visitors with free Wi-Fi all throughout the hospital, a Starbucks, cafeteria, waiting rooms and it's about 5 minutes away from restaurants as as well Park Meadows Mall for any in-between time that you might be waiting. :)
Other than that Zoe has been moving a lot and reminding me constantly that she's in there. It's an amazing feeling and the movements are getting stronger by the day it seems. We will slowly be setting up her nursery and getting prepped for her big arrival. It's hard to believe I'm already 5 1/2 months pregnant. I'll take a belly shot for next week's blog post. Sorry, haven't had time this week.
How far along: 21 weeks 6 days (size of a Spaghetti Squash: 8 in, 1lb)
Symptoms: Itchy belly, swollen feet, back hurts and some more ligament pulling around my abdomen.
Aversions: mushrooms
Cravings: milk, ice cream, nothing too crazy this week.
Wedding Rings: on
Belly button: In but slowly making it's way out.
Sleep: Finally got our king size bed back. Now that I'm able to stretch out again I've been comfortable and pretty much sleeping through the night. The right side seems to be preferred even though my body pillow is on the left.
Excited for: Tricia Mae visiting in July, the baby shower and seeing my stomach move from her kicks
Missing: not having to think about what foods I can/can't eat. Can't a girl just have deli meat without wondering if she's going to get Listeria?!
Movement: Daily. The placenta must have moved because I can feel her consistently. There is more of a pattern to her movements now. Usually around 8am, then around lunch time before I eat and around 10pm as I'm winding down for bed.
Exercise: moving and up and down the stairs all throughout the day. We also take short walks to the mailbox daily.
Your house looks beautiful! It's amazing that you're over halfway through your pregnancy alredy. I read all your blog posts and love keeping up with you in this manner:-)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Carrie. :) It's been exciting and challenging but all worth it. Do you and Dan want kids?
DeleteYes, we do want kids. But, we're still newlyweds and are really enjoying our first years of marriage together just the two of us. There are so many things that we've wanted to do before we embark on parenthood (check out our blog at http://thefamilychambers.wordpress.com). We know that our entire lives will change when we have kids, so, for right now, we are happy being a family of two (plus a doggie!).
DeleteDefinitely. That's really smart of you guys. We're cherishing every moment we have of just us and the dogs because we know it will change when she comes. Timing is everything and different for everyone. When it's right you'll know. I think you'll be such a great mom. Can't wait for you to experience all this! :)
DeleteThanks, Kirstie! We are looking forward to that next chapter in our lives. Right now, it's out of our hands if/when that happens!
Delete