Thursday, June 20, 2013

Week 28: is my body supposed to do that?!

 
Week 28 day 5
 
Thursday night I saw Megan for cupcakes and milk at The Spectrum and Friday with Leanna in Laguna Beach. The laughs with those two are off the charts. I love hanging with them and miss them terribly when I'm gone. True friendship lasts regardless of distance though. I'm so grateful for them!

My swollen feet on Friday.

The remainder of my trip was mostly filled with family! Starting on Friday night I stayed at my Dad's for the weekend and caught up with him. Saturday was the memorial service for Debi. The service was beautiful and regardless of the unfortunate circumstances it was still nice to see my cousins and extended family that I don't see often. My cousins were very strong and in good spirits. I was glad they had their friends and their father to lean on. I can't imagine what they are going through and how overwhelming the whole experience was and is for them. They are in my daily prayers. Saturday night I spent a brief amount of time with Tricia Mae at her sister's wedding reception. I loved seeing her whole family together and sharing the joy of that night. Zoe enjoyed the loud music and cake! haha

Tricia Mae at her sister's wedding! So beautiful. She has pics with me in them but I'd prefer ones without me in them haha

Sunday my dad and I went up to Thousand Oaks to meet my grandparents, their friends, my sister and her boyfriend for Father's Day. It's always fun seeing the reaction of people who haven't seen me since I announced the pregnancy. They all were so excited to see the growing belly and ask how she was doing. There's always joy with pregnancy and I'm so fortunate to have such a loving and supportive family. In all the trip was great and went by too quickly. Marco and I will be back July 19th to the 27th to visit more!

This week has just been about settling back into the routine of things. On Monday evening when I got home my throat started hurting. Marco has been doctoring me up with tea and honey which seems to have done the trick! I've been more tired this week so we haven't done much. We did buy our stroller/baby carrier/car seat travel system and my mom surprised us with the matching pack n play set as well! They are set up and waiting to be filled. For now the dogs are getting used to the new items in the house and Zero will hopefully become used to the stroller in no time (he's a scaredy cat).

Our travel system.

The pack n play
 
Today I had my monthly doctor appointment and glucose test. I've gained a total of 21 lbs since I became pregnant so I'm right on track. I still need to be careful because I don't want to gain too much and with the baby growing .5lb a week from now on I could easily gain too much. The baby's heart beat was about 150bpm which is nice and strong and she moved a couple times while trying to take a reading. Marco saw my stomach move once while in the doctor's office which is a first for him. My blood pressure is in the normal range and everything is growing properly. From now on I have a doctor's appointment every 2 weeks and around 34 weeks the doctor will discuss our birth plan with us.
 
As far as the glucose test goes it was a peace of cake. Typically it's in a bottle but the nurse told us it looks like more than it really is so they poor it into a cup for the mommies. I'm given 4 minutes to drink it but I downed it in about 15 seconds. Flavor of choice: fruit punch. You then wait an hour and have them take your blood to check for gestational diabetes and anemia (iron deficiency). I'll have the results at my next appointment.
 
Belly comparison: Week 18 and week 28
 
How far along: 28 weeks 5 days (Small cabbage: 17in, 2.9 lbs)

Symptoms: hard to move, swollen feet, tired, feel like I have to pee all the time even after I go to the bathroom, and hot all the time. Woke up at 5:30am today for no reason. I couldn't sleep so I did a load of laundry, put the dishes away and made Marco coffee. Soar throat, stuffed up, and I've started lactating. I've been told it's early but might be a good sign of having a nice supply of milk for Zoe. It's a strange thing though and something I would rather ignore and wish it went away but I know it's a good thing for Zoe and that's more important than my comfort. Still so weird. Also started feeling Braxton Hicks. These are like contractions that start early on. You usually can't feel them until now but they are prepping your body for the real thing. They don't hurt at all, yet, but is just a tightening of my stomach where it's very stiff and hard for a few seconds and then it goes away. The human body is fascinating but strange.

Aversions: none

Cravings: milk and fruit punch

Wedding Rings: the one band

Belly button: I'd say about half of it is out or at least flat with my stomach. I'm getting used to it.

Stretch marks: none
Sleep: Right side feels better but I'm constantly switching throughout the night.

Excited for: Tricia Mae is coming out in 2 weeks and the baby shower. :)

Fears: labor and post labor. Too many horror stories plus I'm not a fan of the unknown. I've tried watching videos and those freak me out even more. Dr said she hopes with the next several appointments and info she will supply I will not feel so uneasy about it. Plus the ambilical chord getting wrapped around her neck. Dr explained that she doesn't breath as we do so it's actually not much of a concern right now. It's only when it's wrapped a few times and tight. In that case she wouldn't be moving as often as normal and I would need to report that.
Mood: happy but tired. Relaxed but anxious. haha
Missing: A full night's sleep laying however I want.

Movement: still constant. She wouldn't stop moving yesterday until I got home and laid on the floor with the dogs. She will have a ton of energy I just know it!
 
Exercise: just walking

No comments:

Post a Comment