THIRD TRIMESTER!!
27 weeks 1 day
I was very proud of my shading since I haven't painted in a while and didn't have high hopes. haha
Here Marco is starting the sketch. And the end result.
Tuesday I flew to California. This trip was already booked prior to Debi's passing so I had a tons of plans booked in advance. Tuesday night I met up with Tricia McCurry and her son Colt. We picked up In N Out and drove to Huntington Beach. At on the sand and walked around a bit catching up and laughing like old times. We then went back to her house and watched Up! together. I highly recommend that movie for all ages. It's one of our favorites. Then I drove to my friends Annabelle and Clay's house. They are graciously letting me stay with them until Friday. They have been so accomodating and kind with bagels and fruit waiting for me in the morning and their adorable puppy Toby to greet me. It's been a great stay and I'm so grateful for them and their hospitality.
Colt, Tricia and me at the beach. Tricia has a little head. haha
On Wednesday I worked a full day at the Irvine office and got to catch up with all my old co-workers. It's been so nice joking with them like old times and having some noise in the background while I work. Very different from my office in Longmont. A couple of us found my favorite gourmet food truck, Dogzilla. I got my favorite chili cheese dog with grilled onion, served on a King's Hawaiian Hot Dog Bun. So so delicious. I've definitely been craving it since I left in March. The Irvine Company was also throwing an ice cream social for the business complex in the afternoon so we partook in the festivities, including a free photobooth with some of my coworkers. We are a bunch of dorks but this gives you a taste of the personalities here. :)
Dwayne, Chris, Denise and me (pimps and gangsters representing the OC haha.)
I'm throwing up the peace sign with a duck face in the second photo and west side in the last. It's how I roll. haha.
Dogzilla food truck...try it if you ever see one! :)
At night I met up with Tricia Mae at Slaters 50/50 and enjoyed a mac n cheese baked potato. So delicious. (Zoe is enjoying my Cali diet for sure haha). I got see her mom and dad briefly which was really nice. I used to live with them when I was 23 so it's fun to have them see my progress through life. We then checked out an ice cream store in Costa Mesa called Confetti. It's always so fun chatting it up with Tricia and being silly. We can be so honest with each other and neither judges the other. Besties and sisters for life! We rounded out the night by dropping into Garf's to say hi to Eddie. Eddie is a dear friend of Marco's and I that helped us move to Colorado. He's the brother I never had. :)
Slater's 50/50 mac n cheese baked potato!
...and through all this Zoe has been such a trooper. Pretty calm through the day but the moment I sit or lay down she begins moving around and letting me know she's still doing well. Everyone is so excited to see the growing belly and eventually meet her. :)
How far along: 27 weeks 5 days (Head of cauliflower: 16in, 2.5 lbs)
Symptoms: back hurts, feet swelled up a bit from the flight and all the walking around. Out of breath when I talk. Other than that feeling great!
Aversions: none
Cravings: none
Belly button: more sensitive today. It's definitely working it's way out.
Sleep: Sleeping on my sides. On my back is just too uncomfortable now. The additional weight is not doing anything good for my back.
Excited for: the baby shower and coming back to visit with Marco. Although we will miss our dogs terribly.
Fears: Still concerned about her being born premature. Although in speaking with Tricia Mae (NICU nurse), Zoe should be just fine if born early from here on out. Saying daily prayers. :)
Mood: Happy and upbeat during the day. As it gets into night I'm more tired and sluggish but still enjoying company.
Missing: wearing whatever shoes I want.
Movement: constant and her movements are becoming bigger and more easily felt.
Exercise: does walking Denver International count? :)
So excited about these stamps. Just a little hint into our baby shower theme! :)
Of course I'm reading this:-) Ha! It was great to see you today and, yes, I'm definitely excited for you guys and am looking forward to watching Zoe grow up - even if it's just through online pictures and posts!
ReplyDelete