Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Week 14: finally my energy is coming back


Went to my Dr Apt to meet my new doctor as well as check on the baby. With the spotting that was occuring I was concerned to say the least. My ultrasound showed the growing baby with a heartbeat of 167 bpm and measuring 14 weeks 4 days. This puts me exactly on target from my original doctor's appointment. The current due date is back to 9/7/13. :)

My doctor confirmed everything is growing perfectly. The bleeding has to do with one of two things. Either the egg implanted on a blood vessel so the added pressure and weight as the fetus grows causes some old blood to appear. Or it's due to the attaching of the lining. Either way I just need to continue with pelvic rest but there's nothing I need to worry about. It's not affecting the baby at all!

His/Her little side profile is so beautiful. I think the little one will have his daddy's mouth.

I saw a friend's sister put these highlights on her blog and thought it was a great idea. Sorry for stealing your idea (if you ever read this).

How far along: 14 weeks 4 days

Symptoms: Still dry heaving (I know, lovely) a little but not as much as the 1st trimester. Sounds weird but it only seems to come on strong when I'm standing in a bathroom, private or public. It's really weird. Still tired but not as exhausted as I was previously. Sense of smell is very sensitive. Marco can't wear cologne or cook with too many spices right now. haha Got a bad headache the other night that I couldn't shake for a few hours. Been stuffed up too.

Aversions: Nothing makes me sick but there are several items that I have no interest eating. Eggs, avocados, fish, not eating as much fruit as I used to, spices, coffee, mushrooms, hawaiian food. :(

Cravings: MILK!! Sweedish fish

Wedding Rings: On but hard to get off

Sleep: I usually sleep on my back so it's been hard adjusting to sleeping on my side. It doesn't help that we're in a smaller bed then we're used to and the dogs take up a lot of room. Plus I get hot then cold then hot all throughout the night.

Excited for: I can't wait to feel the baby kick and move. Registering for the baby shower. Finding out the gender.

Missing: restful night sleep, my pre-pregnancy body, not having to rely on Marco for anything that requires being on your feet for a while.

Movement: None yet

Exercise: not much unfortunately due to being extremely exhausted and being on pelvic rest. I walk with Marco and the dogs a couple times a week at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment